Monday, February 18, 2008

ART AS MEDITATION

This is a tribute to Karin Bartimole.
She was and original member of "Art as Meditation"
and was not able to be in the show.
I am an admirer of her work and we missed her dearly in the process. 
I would like to thank her for contributing to the ideas for our concept.
This is a collaborative book we worked on and it is an important
part of the exhibition.


I would like to thank everyone
who contributed to our community altar!
It was so great to watch it get filled with objects
and witness the energy surrounding it.
Much gratitude to those 
who are so supportive to both Jeannie and I
in our endeavor to express ourselves
and speak our stories.
Enjoy the show!


"Buddha Ink Drawing"
A result of my private Tibetan Buddha Drawing classes
in Brooklyn.
Thank you Pema!!!

Altars with Jeannie's Spirit Poles

Altars, Book, and Jeannie's spirit pole

Mindfulness Altar: "May All Beings be Happy, Peaceful and Free"

Mindfulness Altar: "Peace From the Inside"

Balance Series - Collages

Collage - Balance Series "Two Hands"

Collage - Balance Series "Om"

Paintings

"Tree Hands with Seated Buddha" Compassion Painting

Close up of buddha in "Tree hands with Seated Buddha"

Elephant Hands - Compassion Painting

Jennifer and Jeannie's collaborative piece
"Avalokiteshvara's Spirit House"

Jeannie and Jennifer's collaborative piece
"Avalokiteshvara's Mindful Spirit House"

the crowd

Jennifer and Jeannie
and a close up of Jeannie's spirit poles

No comments: