Saturday, January 26, 2008

INVITATION


it's been a long time since i've posted
have spent every bit of creative energy (and then some)
on my work for the show
hope you all can make it!
namaste,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Noah said...

Jenn,

I heard about a show from a friend of mine and was surprised to find that it was YOUR show! The last I knew, you were illustrating children's books. We went to the Hartford Art School together, loooong ago. You may not remember me but I certainly remember your work. The paintings from your latest show are absolutely gorgeous. My wife and I recently spent a month in Thailand and I have to say, your work really resonates with the tradition, ritual, and imagery of Buddhism. Perhaps I'm choosing the wrong words, but I hope you know what I mean. I took a ton of photos while we were there -- lots of Wats, sculptures and paintings -- and I thought that they might inspire you , so I'd love to share them if you're interested. I found your website, but didn't associate it with the work that my friend saw at your show. If you'd like a portfolio website, I'd be happy to produce it, pro bono. Also, I'd love to buy some of your work -- you'll have to let me know what's still available. This is QUITE the "comment" but I wasn't sure how else to get in touch. All the best, noah.watters@gmail.com, 415-637-0405


f you'd like a website to showcase your work(s), I'd love to do it, pro bono.

Noah said...

Jenn,

I heard about a show from a friend of mine and was surprised to find that it was YOUR show! The last I knew, you were illustrating children's books. We went to the Hartford Art School together, loooong ago. You may not remember me but I certainly remember your work. The paintings from your latest show are absolutely gorgeous. My wife and I recently spent a month in Thailand and I have to say, your work really resonates with the tradition, ritual, and imagery of Buddhism. Perhaps I'm choosing the wrong words, but I hope you know what I mean. I took a ton of photos while we were there -- lots of Wats, sculptures and paintings -- and I thought that they might inspire you , so I'd love to share them if you're interested. I found your website, but didn't associate it with the work that my friend saw at your show. If you'd like a portfolio website, I'd be happy to produce it, pro bono. Also, I'd love to buy some of your work -- you'll have to let me know what's still available. This is QUITE the "comment" but I wasn't sure how else to get in touch. All the best, noah.watters@gmail.com, 415-637-0405